Complaints procedure

I am committed to providing my clients with legal advice and service of the highest quality. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provided then you should inform me immediately, so that I can do my best to resolve the problem.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, a copy of my complaints procedure can be obtained by request.

What to do if I cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if I am unable to resolve your complaint myself. The Ombudsman will look at your complaint independently.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with me in the first instance. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 and 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with my behaviour

The Bar Standards Board can help if you are concerned about my behaviour. This could be for things like treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns.

Alex Lewis is an entity authorised by the BSB 132853

Scroll to top